Wednesday, February 14, 2007

bye bye USA

If you're reading this, you've finally reconnected with me. As you know, my next journey will begin in Thailand. It'd been a long process of thinking and making the decision. Now I know I've made the right one. I'm getting out of my comfort zone, packing up my stuff, and moving on.

Chicago is a great city. And it's been my home for the past 8 years. But it's about time to move on to something new and more challenging. I didn't come to the US to have a better life. I came to learn — to observe things as an outsider in a foreign country. Being a minority in the US has broaden my perspective on humanity.
I learned to be broad-minded, learned to understand people, their background, and respected them as who they are regardless of race and nationality. The experience is priceless. Alas, my mission here is complete.

You know, my life's always been adventurous. We are given only one life and I want to make the most of it. Thanks to my parents; I'm so grateful to live my life the way I want.

I thought I would feel sad to part Chicago. In deed, it's not that bad at all. Perhaps I know I'll come back some day. My wanderlust 'll bring me back here — like it did 8 years ago. So, my departure is not for good, yet it'll be for a long while.
I hope we stay in touch. And.. please...if you change your email address, let me know, write to me, phone me, or send me a smoke signal. Just so we can drop a line and say hello to each other.

And I know someday you'll come to find me. I hope you'll have a chance to do so. Thailand is a charming country. Don't let anyone fool you with photos of Thailand taken ages ago. You gotta come and see it first hand. Thai people are warm.
You will fall in love with it. And I will look forward to that day.
all the best

1 comment:

  1. I never had the opportunity to meet you at DDB, but good luck in all your future travels. I have had the wonderful opportunity to visit Thailand, and can only say, your choice in moving there is a wise one. Much like you, I fell in love with its people and history, and hope that I have the chance to return to see all that I missed the first time around.

    Godspeed

    ReplyDelete

post your comment here